God created Man in His Image, and endowed him with the full capacity, natural and spiritual, to be changed from glory to glory – even into the Likeness of God. But when Adam and Eve fell, God took away their privilege of fellowship with Him. They were thus not able to approach and walk in His presence anymore. In essence, they lost their chance to grow in relationship with God as their Father. But when Christ Jesus came, He restored back to us, as His disciples, the Spirit of Sonship when we are born again, and He reinstated us in well being in God the Father. Through the Son, we are able to approach the Father.
Questions for Review
1. Give some observations about the Spirit of God and Spirit of Man.
“My Spirit will not contend with a man forever, for he is mortal” (Gen 6:3)
2. How has sin affected Man in the three parts of his being?
3. What provided the foundation for our sanctification as believers of Christ?
4. We mentioned two ways of thinking: eternal and lineal. How does this apply to sanctification?
Questions for Meditation
1. You’ve always been human, both before and after knowing the Lord. What do you see differently about your life after praying through this presentation?
2. What should you do to cooperate with the work of sanctification by the Holy Spirit?
3. Why should you keep yourself clean in the following contexts?
- Being the temple of the Holy Spirit
- Waiting for the coming of the Lord
This is _Part 4_, the last in the series Three Compartments of Man and the Work of Sanctification. To use this as a growth tool to better understand your own calling, you might start by reading the explanation of this series, Pt 1, Pt 2 and Pt 3.
Photo credit: frozenmind